I wanted to share some things that I am currently digging. This varies from music and online articles to clothing and footwear. Hope you find some inspiration through my current faves and raves.
1. Tommy Jean's new collection with Hailey Baldwin and Lucky Blue Smith. In this collection, the brand throws back to the 90s and the iconic classics including logo T-shirts and overalls.
"This collection is all about nostalgia and iconic staples, with updated silhouettes and a new edge."
2. If you don't already know, I've always supported fashion labels that contribute to our efforts in making the industry more sustainable and circular. First Base is an Austrailian sports lifestyle brand that I recently discovered. The label uses 100% recycled polyester yarn for its high performance activewear line, which is inspired by Bondi surf and skate culture.
3. I recently discovered this new artist, CL a K-pop star that does not resonate with the K-pop music culture interestingly. When I first heard her song "Lifted", I was not expecting what I heard...haha. It definitely had a Missy Elliot vibe with a catchy rhythm.
4. Really enjoying Solange's new album: A Seat at the Table, which just recently released. This album is a "project on identity, empowerment, independence, grief, and healing".
5. THESE SHOES!!
I've been keeping my eye out for a nice colourway for the Gazelles. Adidas recently released two new women's exclusive colourways for it! This one features a white upper and pastel "Vapour Green" accents.
This is the Nike Air Max 95 in "Light Taupe". Personally enjoy this colour combination more than the all white look.
The twist to the Nike Classic Cortez. Nike releases an exclusive colorway in "Light Bone", featuring a white base and off-white accents.
A new colourway for the Flyknit Racer. "Pure Platinum" combines elements of platinum, silver and grey.
The is the Nike x Fragment All-White Zoom Tennis Classic. A super clean look that keeps it minimal yet interesting. There are small details such as its reptile texture, and hint of orange on the tongue.
Everyone knows about the rave for Adidas Ultra Boost. Well, Parley and Adidas teamed up to create two new environmentally conscious shoes in the Adidas Ultra Boost and the Adidas Ultra Boost Uncaged. Similar to the Parley Boost, usual plastic parts are replaced with more sustainable elements constructed from knits and synthetic fibers.
6. Last but not least, I enjoyed reading this Hypebae interview with Vanessa Hong, the founder of The Haute Pursuit. Personally, I like learning about different people's story and their journey of success and/or failure to where they are today. Vanessa Hong is a fashion influencer that I've followed since the beginning of time, and it was very eye opening to hear her story and learn more about your views, personal style, and influences.