Cali Food Diary

48 Hours in Cali and I got to eat some of the tastiest food ever. First stop was obviously In-N-Out burger. Every time I'm in California, I go here at least once. Their not so secret secret menu has the best food at such a low price. I always get the double double animal style. Always go for the double double animal style, you won't regret it. 

Cali has got to have the best Vietnamese food I've ever tasted. There are so many Asian cuisine restaurants, it's quite the competition to differentiate yourself. Everyone is well aware of the Vietnamese bowl Pho, but there's so much more to Vietnamese cuisine. My family and I visited Brodard Restaurant in the OC (my family's go-to when we visit Cali) to eat some fresh, tasty food. 
Fresh Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Banh Canh 
(Thick Vietnamese noodles, similar to Udon)
Bun Bo Hue
(Spicy Vietnamese Noodle Soup with Rice Vermicelli and Beef)
Bun Thit Nuong 
(Cold Rice Vermicelli Noodle Soup topped with Spring Rolls, Grilled Pork, Vietnamese Sausage, Fresh Herbs and Salad)
I finally got to visit a place that's been on my bucket list since grade 10 (that's four years ago!!). Milk is a cafe in LA that offers a variety of sweets including ice cream, shakes, and cupcakes. But what I was there for was their macaroon ice cream sandwiches. I got over excited and couldn't just try one flavour so we got four different flavours: Thai Tea, Red Velvet, Fruit Loops and Mint Chocolate. They were all so good, my favourite was either the Thai Tea or Red Velvet. Now I just got to figure out a way to bring this back to Toronto...
 Sprinkles Cupcake is another shop that's been on my bucket list for a while. They're a pretty developed franchise so there's also locations in New York (which is closer to visit). They have a cupcake atm where you can order your own cupcake which was really cool. We got the Sprinkles Sandwich with dark chocolate ice cream and red velvet cupcake tops,  red velvet ice cream in a red velvet cone and of course cupcakes!!
 Sprinkles Sandwich
 Red Velvet Ice Cream with Red Velvet Cone
 Bubble Tea is a huge thing in Cali, and there are so many different shops you can go to. There's even a shop where you can drink bubble tea and vape. I visited this store called TPumps in Pasadena, a store where you build your own drink, including the flavour, tea, milk, sweetness, and toppings. They also use fresh brewed tea, which is a definite plus. I ordered an original black milk tea with three flavours: mango, peach, and passion fruit. Fun fact: In Cali bubble tea is called boba. 
There were a couple other restaurants I visited but didn't photograph. Cali has many different places to eat and discover, especially if you enjoy Asian and Mexican cuisine. I didn't get the chance to visit some food trucks, but I hear they have some of the best fish tacos. 

Labels: